The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury & the Marlborough Downs Forum Start a topic | Search
7 messages
Select a forum:
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Why isn't the message getting across. ?
Even advocating taking a wire brush to the stones on this forum.

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php?topic=11209.0

Lets hope they break their necks [ or back ], i don't like the way it seems not to bother them that it pisses people off.

Yes, and acknowledges it's "Naughty".

"Man how good was the weather today, what a relief to have a bit of sun man! Got off work pretty early and took a trip to Avebury to walk around the ancient stones. It's so great to have a spectacular site like this on my door step. It was nice to just wonder around the monument and feel the sun on my face. It is mind boggling to think that the Avebury stones are 5,000 years old, older than Stonehenge!

It was so nice, there was hardly anybody else around so we had a bit of a climb! Naughty! Took some great pics, the one above was taken by Beth, pretty cool shot I might add. Topped it off with a pint in the Red Lion, even the parking metre was out of order, the day couldn't of endded any better! Result!

Peace,

Dan

It's sad for the lichen's as well, i've met people who love the lichens, some at avebury and the rollrights are very rare, at least most of the time there's people at Avebury to tell them to pack it in [ you knobheads - i would add this last bit ].

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
7th September 2012ce
20:02

In reply to:

Re: Oh dear. (harestonesdown)

1 reply:

Re: Oh dear. (harestonesdown)

Messages in this topic: