The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Derbyshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Derbyshire
Re: Peak District visit
20 messages
Select a forum:
Just wanted to say thank you for your help with my Peak District visit. In the end the holiday was a bit weighted towards climbing rock than visiting old rocks. I've mellowed in my old age (not quite so compulsive with site bagging) but also had to balance out the needs of my lovely but not megalithicly obsessed partner :-)

We went to see Arbor Lowe & just escaped an amazing rainstorm. Also went to Stanton Moor but got rained on that time. Saw the Nine Maidens for the first time (to be honest I'd expected them to be bigger gals) and saw a couple of cairns (at least one of which is slightly misplaced here on TMA). Also visited the Iron Age hillfort on Mam Tor.

So in some ways I let you all down, but on the bright side I *loved* the Peak District and me & my gal will certainly be returning, so we'll visit more sites in the future.

Thanks also for the offers of meet-ups. If it were just me I'd have been keen but it were a romantic week away so we kept ourselves to ourselves :-)

Kammer x

Reply | with quote
Kammer
Posted by Kammer
13th August 2012ce
10:11

In reply to:

Peak District visit (Kammer)

2 replies:

Re: Peak District visit (goffik)
Re: Peak District visit (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: