The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: On the top of Silbury Hill
35 messages
Select a forum:
Howburn Digger wrote:
We dont even call things like that a "hill" in Scotland but that's probably what was behind the bump's construction in the first place. Some kinda ancient landscape of Scotland jealousy thing which happened down South. You kinda get that vibe and this fillum really brings it out bigstyle.
I think a few star wipes would have eased the clumsy transitions between the shots and more zooming in and out would have greatly improved the feel of the whole "video". The keechy, new-age, warbly mince music could be replaced by something a bit more groovy like say a top Gary Glitter track or even some Italian House from say 1990.
As Hugh MacDiarmid once wrote
"It's queer the thochts a kittled cull can lowse, Nor Splairgin Glit annul..."

LOL! I love your ironic (Scottish) sense of humour HD. We don't really call Silbury a 'hill' down south either ... which is very much a misnomer. Most of us settle for 'unique prehistoric mound of world wide importance'. I have to say I agree with the "Grrr" observation but I'm not going to jump to judgement about the 'fillum' makers (son or mother) too quickly as know nothing about them. Someone needs to point out to them that whatever the circumstances (perhaps the boy is autistic) walking up Silbury to make a film is totally unacceptable.

This topic is locked
tjj
Posted by tjj
14th June 2012ce
07:03

In reply to:

Re: On the top of Silbury Hill (Howburn Digger)

1 reply:

Re: On the top of Silbury Hill (Sanctuary)

Messages in this topic: