The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: to vbb
4 messages
Select a forum:
VBB wrote:
fachtna wrote:
hello - et tu brute

This has deeply saddened me. I did not ask for your thread to be locked, I had actually hoped you had locked it to draw a line and were indeed moving on.

Your website is such a massive statement your additional post here this week was unexpected, hence worrying. All those still here from those dark days of 2007 have watched helplessly at what quite awfully overtook you. There is no-one still here from that time that doesn’t admire and respect you as far as I am aware. None of us can change what happened, and you state that you are attempting to move on, but your method appears to be to take every passing opportunity here to remind everyone of a painful association. This is not only disquieting but it appears that no-one can focus on a particular monument without this happening. My post yesterday about the pudding was an attempt to respectfully point out that the public need to be allowed to follow their enthusiasms and interests in that monument without fear of it being taken over and diverted. I thought it was kindly put and you would recognise it for what it was, if it was clumsy I apologise but it was nonetheless well intended.

The public still want to drink from the well, and some really need to, for I am one of those regulars here that engage with monuments in order to help cope with troubled issues in their lives as it gives our lives shape and reason. It is then extremely difficult to understand when each time anyone attempts to take a sip someone they respect and thought respected them is taking over the well. Interest in the monument needs to continue in parallel with support and understanding for you, not one clashing with the other.

I sincerely hope you will find the closure you seek.

VBB, that is a really thoughtful open letter to Fachtna. I have met you on a couple of occasions and know you generally use wit and humour to diffuse sensitive situations so I did feel concerned on your behalf when I read this new thread. I also send my good wishes to Fachtna and his family.

PS: I hope people realise my post about Woman Shamans was an attempt to deflect away from this one. TMA Eds, please delete if deemed inappropriate.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
30th May 2012ce
14:44

In reply to:

Re: to vbb (VBB)

Messages in this topic:

to vbb (fachtna, May 30, 2012, 00:24)
    • Re: to vbb (VBB, May 30, 2012, 08:38)
      • Re: to vbb (Sanctuary, May 30, 2012, 09:28)
      • Re: to vbb (tjj, May 30, 2012, 14:44)