The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Carn Meini Forum Start a topic | Search
Carn Meini
Re: Spring hunting
22 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:
BuckyE wrote:
Well, just between us, I contacted Prof. Darvill who told me "the springs" would be marked on the appropriate OS map. Without saying what map that would be. Not having immediate access to the OS maps (the OS web site itself doesn't seem to provide online access, or, at least, I couldn't figure out how to get same) I can't say.

So anyone who could help dig down into this will be our hero. For Loie's sake! Help!?! ;^)

There are some marked on the 1:25000 map .Ffnnon Beswch SN 130 312 , Ffnnon Ychen SN 104 323 , and others just south of Foeldrygarn around SN 158 33 & SN 152 331 .

Thanks Tiompan, have photographed the map for BuckyE. I thought at the time that the springs would be nearer to Carn Meini, at the foot of the outcrop but the springs/streams seem very scattered, it would take a couple of days to hunt them all out, especially those near Foel Drygarn.

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
6th March 2012ce
11:58

In reply to:

Re: Spring hunting (tiompan)

1 reply:

Re: Spring hunting (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: