The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Eire Forum Start a topic | Search
Eire
Re: UPLAND LANDSCAPE ALTERATION IN SOUTH EAST IRELAND.
83 messages
Select a forum:
Sweetcheat, my good man, you are absolutely priceless. Have just spent the last couple of hours going through your old blogs and the very excellent photo's therein. There can be no doubt that what I've seen is identical to what is over here.
Kenidjack Castle 14/6/11, photo 6. Seems to show identical scree alteration. Can't see the detail, but lots of same here.
Yellowmead s.e cairn. 7/8/10.Very similar indeed.
Cwm Ian cairn. 17/7/10. Identical to many in the Comeraghs.
Enclosure east of Down Tor 12/7/10. Identical angling of stones, with the longest tapers pointing skywards.
Round cairn east of Down Tor 12/7/10. Identical to accumulations of stone here.
Drizzlecomb. 12/7/10. Images 1 and 2. Identical
Tregiffian Vean 22/7/10. Image 4 of 4. Blocked chamber. Numerous examples in the Comeraghs. Described by local archaeo's as "field clearance" (and Popeye is the first lord sea admiral...)
Chun Castle. 15/6/10. Images 1 and 2. Swathes of rocks absolutely identical, with longest tapers pointing upwards.
Now if we are all agreed that these are not natural rock formations, then we have a whole new ball game. There is now no doubt in my mind whatsoever, that what happened along western Britain and what was going on in South east Ireland was one and the same thing. Hope that answers your last post Timpers old boy!

Reply | with quote
rockhopper
Posted by rockhopper
11th February 2012ce
19:14

Messages in this topic: