The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: More evidence on Stonehenge/Solar connections
51 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:

I don't have a problem with the site of the pit , it's just not what they say it is astronomically .Having said that there were some odd comments like the pit being on the pathway of the Cursus then it turns out to be 150 metres to the south of the southern ditch of the Cursus .

I find it unbelievable that the professors, doctors and lecturers in archaeology involved with this project could have made such a simple mistake.

Professor Vince Gaffney, when talking about the pits, said that they investigated the cursus and found "two very large pits, one in the east end and one in the west end of the cursus." He reiterates "these pits were inside the cursus." Furthermore, if you stand at the Heelstone on Midsummers Day, then the sun rises over the eastern pit and sets over the western pit.

I am wondering, have you taken your information from the aerial view accompanying your news link? The "New Discovery" on that image must be the "new mini-henge" which this team claimed to have discovered some time ago.

Here's Vince Gaffney's podcast:

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/Au[...]ews/Vince-Gaffney-podflash.mp3

Reply | with quote
baza
Posted by baza
29th November 2011ce
00:42

Messages in this topic: