The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: Stonehenge road closure approved
36 messages
Select a forum:
I actually think there's the danger it'll be more like the reverse. Because a lot of the money-spinning at stonehenge is from people on The Tour on their big coaches en route to Salisbury or Bath or wherever. If it turns out they have to walk miles, maybe it's them who won't want to stop? (I could be wrong. It must be 10 years + since I paid to go in, but most people seemed to hotfoot it round the circle pretty sharpish). Maybe it's just as good pointed out from the coach on the A303. I mean I'd gladly have paid to get in more often but I hate getting caught up in all the palaver, and you can't get that near anyway. I kind of prefer mooching further away given that choice.

dunno really. I can't imagine them wanting to ruin such a good cash cow though. Maybe they could install moving walkways like at the airport. Imagine them undulating over the plain. Could be quite cool.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
2nd November 2011ce
12:34

Messages in this topic: