The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Slaggyford Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
Slaggyford Stones
Re: My precious finds ...
170 messages
Select a forum:
Ha! There's worse. I got in touch with Dave to say 'get off me photographs' and I don't recall sending him yours (despite what he's written there). He'd lifted mine from here - a long time ago, because they've not been posted for years. I'm pretty sure he put the collected writings of his together into a book, which he published on Lulu - my friend did one on beekeeping - and which I joined just so I could write a withering review of 'what the hell are you doing publishing my photographs'. I still get emails from them with special offers and stuff. That's where I was born, on the edge of the moor, next to a quarry, and three four hundred yards from a stone row.

There have been some developments on the Bolton archaeology but, so far, only minor. A sad apology from the former director of the museum and an ongoing complaint to the Ombudsman, of maladministration. It's done well to get so far. I've bequeathed my collection of stones to my school, on Chorley New Road, and continue to pester that the Rivington carved stone be moved somewhere secure and out of the weather. The Lancs county archaeologist has quietly added the two objects I've found to their SMR, just a couple of ring cairn remains. (One near the top of Rivington Pike though).

Reply | with quote
StoneGloves
Posted by StoneGloves
13th September 2011ce
14:43

In reply to:

Re: My precious finds ... (juamei)

1 reply:

Re: My precious finds ... (juamei)

Messages in this topic: