The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Marlborough Mound Forum Start a topic | Search
Marlborough Mound
Re: Prehistoric origins confirmed!
90 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
TMA Ed wrote:
Welcome to TMA. A polite reminder before discussion escalates:
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=58979

I don't think anyone who wants to remain on this forum would comment one way or the other on the post made by 'aveburyantiquity'. My own view is anyone appearing out of the blue making a controversial post should be treated with a certain amount of caution. However, it does seem acceptable for a long standing, apparently well liked member to use language like 'bitch-slapped' and a general self congratulatory tone when all that is needed is a big 'Bravo!' to Jim Leary and his team - and English Heritage for facilitating the project.

What we should be discussing is what MM might have been used for and does it relate to Silbury in the way it was constructed, etc ... who broke the news first is not important.

Over and out ... the the sun shining. I'm going to make some free time and take a bus out to Avebury for a stroll in the sunshine. Will confirm later that Silbury still stands.

Have a nice stroll tjj, I wish I could be there in this lovely sunshine.

As you know, I've got no gripe with you (or anyone else on this forum that I know of), but I think I should point out that the "bitch-slapped" bit was just a joke by Goff, and nothing more. I know him a bit, and I'm certain it wasn't intended to be offensive. as it happens, I don't seriously think he was trying to claim credit for anything either.

Anyhow, have a good time at Avebury.

Reply | with quote
Squid Tempest
Posted by Squid Tempest
2nd June 2011ce
15:35

Messages in this topic: