The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Re: Who's going to be there this weekend?
159 messages
Select a forum:
stonefree wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
Don't you think the best way to establish he is guilty of "scathing cynicism, distrust and provocation" would be to lay out what you say together with the evidence you base it on? I must have missed it.

No-one can either ask for or supply "proof" that would be silly, but equally if you're going to opine anything it's best to say precisely what you base your opinion on so people can weigh what you say. If you don't offer any evidence they're entitled to say you aren't offering any evidence and they shouldn't be criticised for so doing.

I quoted the post I was responding to (re: potentially falsified evidence) but I really can't be bothered to go into any more depth. He has been very rude from the point he first joined this discussion and I therefore have no inclination to indulge him any further.

You really are an arse ,this is what I said "We have not been presented with any evidence . If there is evidence then it is potentially falsifiable , until then it's anecdotal " Not what you have just written which is something entirely different .You obviously don't undersatnd the term falsifiable . Also read my post to you they are anything but rude until recently , in fact the early onesare almost supportive .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
1st May 2011ce
19:36

Messages in this topic: