The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wiltshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Wiltshire
Re: Trial run of Henge Hopper mini-bus
10 messages
Select a forum:
Thanks Scubi, was just making a correction when I saw your post. I described David Dawson as curator of the Wiltshire Heritage Museum - he is in fact the Director (have edited my original post).

Cost was something that was discussed yesterday - it hasn't been finalised yet but as the ticket also includes entrance to the Witlshire Heritage Museum, my thoughts were that anything less than £15 would be unrealistic. I've posted a link to the Stonehenge-Avebury bus website and there is also a Facebook/Twitter site called Henge Hopper so people can check there for updates.

The idea was to be a flexible as possible in terms of dropping people off and picking them up within the constraints of a time-table. It all needs fine tuning but David Dawson has worked hard to gather together various bits of funding and is also willing to be one of the drivers - all very positive but needs support and input from as many people as possible.

I feel very lucky to have been included on the trial run which was to some extent 'by chance' as I had intended to go to Devizes that morning anyway. My way of saying thank you is to bring the project to the attention of as many interested people as possible.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
3rd April 2011ce
11:17

Messages in this topic: