The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Wind farms in Scotland
80 messages
Select a forum:
We are running out of options.[/quote]

No, I believe we're not. Energy efficiency can only be the answer. Turn off the bloody lights, including those next Xmas!

We're not even started with this option. I'm perplexed it is so rarely considered. As if 10 years down the line a country like the UK would be using MORE not less electricity...

Has anyone seriously researched how much energy is wasted in an average industrialised country like the UK? Rechargers permanently plugged in? PCs left on overnight in offices and schools? Windows open due to the radiators being full on on a warm evening? I'm speaking from experience.

No big company is really interested in this option because that would mean NOT consuming as much...so it all becomes a question of more nuclear or more wind. While keeping the lights on.

They leave the squabbling to us.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Annexus Quam
24th November 2011ce
23:28

In reply to:

Re: Wind farms in Scotland (tjj)

Messages in this topic: