The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: OT: Government's attitude to green energy
80 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:
GLADMAN wrote:

I understood that we are currently in an Interglacial, though? That is waiting for the inevitable mile high glaciers to advance and destroy everything we know and have ever known in a few thousand years - once again. Or has the apparent 'global warming' meant that is not going to happen? If so, guess we are going to knock the Earth's natural cycles out of kilter. But is anyone really prepared to sacrifice life on earth to maintain the natural integrirty of the earth? Interesting point, but I'm with Nigel Lawson.... global warming data has been falsified for political gain and profit and doesn't reflect the true picture.

Hands up those who think that global warming has something to do with all the atomic and nuclear bombs that were exploded in the upper atmosphere during the 70's? It surely must have had a devasting effect on the ozone layer!

Gladman, it does look as though the threat of glaciers to the communities who live near them is receding due to the acceleration of global warming but that is just one small aspect of the big picture as parts of Africa become arid wastelands and other parts of the world are decimated by floods. I totally disagree that the (quote) 'global warming data has been falsified for political and profit and doesn't reflect the true picture' - I personally believe the reverse. That the millions of individuals in their cars and ever so important plane journeys across the sky are cause of all this. And yes I you can call me a hypocrite because although I don't own a car I'll always accept a lift if one is going as most of us operate on the basis that 'life is short' grab as much as you can while you can.

Roy, I hadn't considered nuclear testing aspect; I'm sure the people of Nagasaki and Hiroshima would agree with you. Its part of the hell bent journey of destruction that mankind seemed to embark on at the beginning of the 20th Century - what went wrong? Super intelligence along with super-egotism and greed, perhaps this has always been who we are as a species!

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
19th November 2011ce
09:59

Messages in this topic: