The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Scotland Forum Start a topic | Search
Scotland
Re: Scotland's Hidden History - An Duthaich Dhiomair
10 messages
Select a forum:
summerlands wrote:
Oh, that's interesting. Thanks! :-)

I was going to post up for those that can get TeleG on Freeview, we caught an episode of a series whilst away last week called Reul Chuirt - I think thats something like 'Walk with the Stars'? All about astronomy and acheoastronomy. We missed this weeks episode as I forgot the time and couldn't see any way to watch anywhere online - TeleG website or iPlayer (was BBC Alba originally I think) but I think it's on that first site you linked to after a quick check HD :-)

The archeoastronomy series Reul Chuirt was fantastic (it was STV by the way). It was originally screened last year and had me glued to my late night seat. The STV gaelic programming unit has really spent its cash on some fantastic niche programmes, niche.. yet it is a wide and accessible niche... wide enough for non-gaels. And wide enough to have enough space for archeoastronomy!
A late night (subtitled) gaelic language programme about archeoastronomy... I mean whatever next? A programme about Essex Girls getting plastic surgery? Don't make me laugh!

Reply | with quote
Howburn Digger
Posted by Howburn Digger
24th February 2011ce
17:00

Messages in this topic: