The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury & the Marlborough Downs Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury & the Marlborough Downs
Re: Proposed NT cafe in Avebury
30 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
Lefturn wrote:

Brilliant, absorbing narrative, slightly biased of course in favour of crop circles ;) LS and I had our tea watching the videos on the laptop at the other end of the table.
Not wishing to get into any arguments about what the public loos should be used for, I did think it was unfair to the sheep to grumble about their continued presence and I'm sure they're not there all the year round but maybe there was a point there, people will not sit down with all that stuff around...

What of course is underlined, apart from the hypocrisy of who makes money, and how they make it through 'selling' Avebury stone circle, is the originality of the argument. Utopia does'nt exist so we all have to live with whats on offer, did like that bit about the public/private carparks...

He seemed to me rather ill informed, as though he was just making it up as he went along.
One point, at solstice you won't be using the Lion car park or paying a fee to do so to use the public toilets, as you probably know, the Lion car park is fenced off during solstice.
And making tractors explode. : o

Reply | with quote
megadread
Posted by megadread
14th February 2011ce
18:37

Messages in this topic: