The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Dinmore Camp Forum Start a topic | Search
Dinmore Camp
Re: Time Team Iron Age Hillfort Dig
13 messages
Select a forum:
Indeed, the whole programme was impressive in the resultant disclosure,but I agree it seemed to leave more questions than answers...
I enjoy TT but their "only 3 day" rule is a bit of a cop-out(a televisual ploy to add a sense of urgency??)..If a site has so much to offer it should be investigated thoroughly...and deserving of a whole series until it has been explained away in it's entirety...not just piecemeal.
Another downside is..the show then leaves a lot of sites "advertised" as a place rich in finds which might encourage the less scrupulous to go and have a rummage on the off-chance of finding something of value(I mean something floggable not as a historic item)which they might pocket and lose the in situ archeology...and maybe even claim to have found elsewhere...muddying the waters of our knowledge even further.
Sorry didn't mean to have a rant at TT

Reply | with quote
Posted by Resonox
11th November 2010ce
06:21

In reply to:

Re: Time Team Iron Age Hillfort Dig (The Eternal)

Messages in this topic: