The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbaby Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbaby
Re: And so it begins.
18 messages
Select a forum:
Thanks for the kind remarks, but can I just clarify something, before this goes any further?

To say that "Full details will be published in a book about Avebury by Pete Glastonbury & Steve Marshall due for publication in summer 2011." is quite misleading.

I am indeed writing a very large Avebury Book with Pete Glastonbury but we will only be able to include these 'full details' if the archaeologists concerned are kind enough to give us them - which they obviously don't have to do...

There is though, more info about Silbaby in the November issue of 'Time and Mind' which will appear very soon. It's an article about the Silbury Sun Roll, written by myself & George Currie, with pictures by Pete. The article includes the first ever plan & dimensions of Silbaby and has already been referenced in 'The Story of Silbury Hill'.

I'm as excited as everyone else about yesterday's discovery but it's down to the EH archaeos what happens next.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Steve M
27th October 2010ce
10:13

In reply to:

Re: And so it begins. (tjj)

Messages in this topic: