The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Ecclesall Woods 2 Forum Start a topic | Search
Ecclesall Woods 2
Re: Calling megadread
29 messages
Select a forum:
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
juamei wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
stubob wrote:
Nice one for organising this 'Dread....

Anyone interested in a late February visit. ?

yep

I'll leave any planning for a few more days to see if anyone else is interested, then we'll go from there.

I've said it before but i'll say it again, i wish i'd known you for my 37 years in Lincoln, if i was still there i'd be there like a shot, as i was always showing people [who didn't know it] from Lincoln around the peak district myself and it would have been great to be with people who know the place [and probably better] as i do, i'll have to show you what i mean about the polishers [the 3 of them] positions at Avebury in the Summer if you get down there.

As always, i'll be doing my best to be there.

I did chuckle when you mentioned getting down at summer because it shows you certainly think ahead, I was at stonehenge on the winter sol and Avebury the night after [still the sol to me - it has to be at least 3 days of fun] it was empty and very moody, almost brooding [I was a little blurred though].

Last year i took the train down, with tickets booked in March. i'll be down for the week if i make it, we'll have to have a meet up.

Aye.

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
25th January 2013ce
17:42

In reply to:

Re: Calling megadread (harestonesdown)

Messages in this topic: