The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: The Story of Silbury Hill - Paperback
77 messages
Select a forum:
Hi - for some reason the book is less than meticulous, in fact quite the opposite, in its portrayal of the roles and responsibilities of people involved with the archaeological component of the Silbury Hill Conservation Project.

For example in the acknowledgements section (page xii) it is stated that 'Jim Leary directed the excavations in 2007 and 2008'.

This statement is simply incorrect as I 'directed' the excavations in 2007 up to my dismissal from Silbury in June that year.

I know that this might come across as hair-splitting over semantics but beneath this is a serious issue which has had very significant, adverse and unwarranted consequences for me and for my family.

I am aware that I am taking up time and space on this forum with all of this but this is one area where information can be directly exchanged and misinformation brought to people's attention.

fachtna

Reply | with quote
Posted by fachtna
12th October 2010ce
23:15

Messages in this topic: