The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: The Story of Silbury Hill - Paperback
77 messages
Select a forum:
Good afternoon tjj - a happy coincidence indeed ... and perhaps a harbinger of things to come? I look forward to getting the book from Amazon - perhaps on Monday.

Having been the archaeological manager of the Silbury Project for English Heritage for 7 years I would have hoped to have received a copy a little earlier ie from English Heritage itself, as a matter of common courtesy.

Even after all that has happened I am still slightly surprised and disappointed that none of the managers in English Heritage could bring themselves to do this.

fachtna

tjj wrote:
VBB wrote:
tjj wrote:
At last! Long awaited ... looks like a David Inshaw painting on the cover; I'll be placing my order asap.

Online this morning W.H.Smiths = £9.29!

Arrived this morning from WH Smith - excellent service. By coincidence the book opened at page 71 where Fachtna McAvoy gets a mention.

"By the end of July, Fachtna McAvoy and other English Heritage archaeologists based at Fort Cumberland in Portsmouth had photographed, videoed drawn and described the deposits ..."

Reply | with quote
Posted by fachtna
9th October 2010ce
15:17

Messages in this topic: