The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Re: Trevethy Quoit
107 messages
Select a forum:
We all seek the truth but sadly in the Neolithic there will always be something missing. Things take forever to change in our understanding of sites and their meanings but one shouldn't crow too loud before it is all proven. Again, I don't mean that to sound disrespectful but you are making it sound like others know nothing or have never been there or considered it before.[/quote]

'Always' be something missing?... or perhaps just 'often'?
'Forever' to change our understanding?... or perhaps just a little time?

Please forgive the 'crowing' but a new day is dawning and we've had quite a few 'Eureka moments' we'd like to share. Of course they have yet to be proven, but we're actually trying quite hard to disprove our own theories and ideas, so we'd like your help in that - preferably by way of evidence to the contrary, not just reassertion of old assumptions.

People have long been (initially) disparaging about those who bring new ideas and new discoveries, but we have no neolithic axe to grind, just different ways of looking at old things in a new light. I'm sorry if that causes a little discomfort, but please don't take it personally. I certainly didn't mean to "make it to sound like others know nothing", so perhaps there's some emotional colouring going on, as frequently happens when one is passionate about a subject and one's assumptions are challenged.

Reply | with quote
stonefree
Posted by stonefree
20th April 2011ce
12:06

In reply to:

Re: Trevethy Quoit (Sanctuary)

3 replies:

Re: Trevethy Quoit (Littlestone)
Re: Trevethy Quoit (Sanctuary)
Re: Trevethy Quoit (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: