The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Rock art. so what's that all about then. ?
118 messages
Select a forum:
I saw a programme, years ago, about dance music - and it actually featured The Shamen!

The programme investigated the repetitive beats, combined with the repetitive dancing, creating a hypnotic state (I'm aware there are several different types of "hypnotic" state but have a flaky memory at best, so don't remember the exact type) which produced geometric visions as mentioned in this thread (which can be replicated by using psychotropic drugs)

They had graphical representations of the types of shapes these hallucinations may reveal, which - although I hadn't begun my interest in stones at that point, so therefore had never so much as seen rockart before - I remember distinctly that they match a lot of the rockart I've seen since.

In my untamed youth I've known people who've taken all manner of drugs, and I've heard some stories, but not one of them has mentioned anything like that! Just sounds like an excuse to get off yer tits to me! :D

And why not? ;)

G x

Reply | with quote
goffik
Posted by goffik
26th July 2010ce
20:13

Messages in this topic: