The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: The Red Lion, Avebury
194 messages
Select a forum:
I don't think anyone who has eaten in the Red Lion (or used the facilities) could argue that the food and service wasn't, at best variable, and at worst, poor.

As I said in an earlier post, the personal tone MuckyBadger (the reviewer) took when describing the staff was to say the least unfair ... he picked a busy weekend to do his research so it was inevitable that the staff would be under pressure. Shame about the lipstick on the glass - he should have politely complained there and then (double checking first it wasn't his own) I'm sure his drink would have been replaced. The problem with eating in any pub is that you have to pay for the food up front so, unlike a restaurant, payment can't be renegotiated if the food is unsatisfactory.

There is always the National Trust Cafe, albeit only open until late afternoon, which does provide acceptable food ... but little in the way of atmosphere.

Anyway, you've provided contact details for anyone who wants to take it further - though I think the marjority of people are grateful for a generally cheerful place of refuge on those Avebury days when its cold and wet outside.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
23rd September 2010ce
19:13

In reply to:

Re: The Red Lion, Avebury (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: