The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: The Red Lion, Avebury
194 messages
Select a forum:
Personally i like the staff, but then again i have taken the time to get to know them.

Not sure what 'knowing' or 'liking' the staff at the Red Lion has to do with the quality of the food served there, or the state of the lavatories (though I suppose there might be some connection ;-) I 'know' several people on the Council here but that doesn't stop it from failing to deliver on some basic civic amenities.

Whether anyone finds the food at the Red Lion acceptable or not is down to personal taste - literally. Having to queue separately for fifteen minutes or more for a hot drink after queuing for the same length of time for something from the bar, however, is pure bad management.

The lavatories at the Red Lion should be cleaned several times a day during busy periods, and a lock fitted to the single cubicle in the gents. Considering the Red Lion pub is at the centre of a World Heritage Site it really needs to pull its socks up (though I agree with those who say sitting outside with a pint and watching the world go by at the Lion isn't half bad). You can complain/comment directly to the pub's landlady (Kirsty Ayre on 01672 539266) or to the pub's owners (Green King [email protected] ) if you think the pub can, and should, do better.

As for Green King... they should have kept to what they do best - brewing a decent ale (Green King) and a superlative one (Abbot) and selling it locally - neither travel very far very well.

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
23rd September 2010ce
17:51

In reply to:

Re: The Red Lion, Avebury (megadread)

Messages in this topic: