The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: The Red Lion, Avebury
194 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:

I have to say that I have always got on well with the staff at the RL as a customer without getting to know them further than that. It appears no different to me then any other pub of its type that are one minute quiet, the next rushed off their feet, especially at weekends or on special occasions. I eat there every time I visit and have found the food of a good quality no matter what I choose. To be honest how it presents itself is not top of my list when I visit Avebury as long as I can get a drink and food then get back out to what really is important to me. On the other hand, if I was taking the missus out to dinner then I would take her somewhere much more geared up for personal waiter service and more suitable surroundings for that paticular occasion.

I think that is a fair assessment Sanctuary; I read the article quickly last night. It is all too easy to criticise without being particularly constructive, the article was insulting to the staff who were clearly rushed off their feet. The 'pagan' weekends, especially the summer solstice, are a nightmare for them due to sheer volume. I personally know, and like, one of the regular staff members who actually is a school teacher and just works there in her free time (for the benefit of her family). She has my greatest respect as I'm fairly sure that one shift at the Red Lion would leave me knackered for days.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
21st September 2010ce
08:27

In reply to:

Re: The Red Lion, Avebury (Sanctuary)

1 reply:

Re: The Red Lion, Avebury (juamei)

Messages in this topic: