The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: The Red Lion, Avebury
194 messages
Select a forum:
Littlestone wrote:
I bet he wouldn't say that to kirsty's face. ; )

Why bother, when a public review will attract far more attention (not to mention, hopefully, improvements).

The Red Lion is still a good place to meet but that's about it. I haven't eaten there in years (why bother when there are half a dozen far better places to eat nearby). But really, a pub at the centre of a World Heritage Site that can't even bother to maintain locks, or basic standards of hygiene, in its toilets? What sort of message is that sending out to the national, let alone the international, visitor?

I don't take the place that serious, it's a watering hole in my favourite place, i always cook my own food in my van anyway, i'd rather spend my money on fuel for travel, plus i'm a very simple eater.

Personally i like the staff, but then again i have taken the time to get to know them.

Better food at the Waggon, yeah, but i'm usually too pissed to walk to the waggon when i'm hungry. ; )

Reply | with quote
megadread
Posted by megadread
21st September 2010ce
00:23

In reply to:

Re: The Red Lion, Avebury (Littlestone)

2 replies:

Re: The Red Lion, Avebury (Sanctuary)
Re: The Red Lion, Avebury (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: