The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: hmmm.
194 messages
Select a forum:
megadread wrote:
The Eternal wrote:
megadread wrote:
megadread wrote:
The Eternal wrote:
megadread wrote:
The Eternal wrote:

Now consider the effect of a path worn into the hill,

TE.

Like this you mean.

http://i25.tinypic.com/ny6610.jpg

Megadread,

If that's a track up Silbury, then yes. Didn't look like that when I was last there, a few years ago. Just shows, eh? What happened to the spiral track that shows in loads of old photos?

Regards,

TE.

That pic was taken last September, notice the two little lads, they were repeatedly climbing and sliding down the hill and having a whale of a time.

Should have given em a clip round ear, shouldn't i. ? ; )

Sorry, just noticed that pic is from last years summer solstice.

Megadread,

Nah, not a clip round t'ear. we were all kids once, and would've loved to slide down that hill in all seasons. Maturity changes opinions and awareness. as does the build-up of knowledge with age.

Regards,

TE.

You see the ledge near the top of the hill, they were throwing themselves off it and rolling right to the bottom, no idea how they didn't hurt themselves.
Only joking about the clip, was fun watching them as i sat on the edge at the top getting my breath back.

Megadread,

Not worried about the clip. We all love that sorta thing. It's hard to stop kids enjoying themselves. We've all been there.

Long live childhood,

Regards,

TE

Reply | with quote
The Eternal
Posted by The Eternal
20th July 2010ce
22:52

In reply to:

Re: hmmm. (megadread)

Messages in this topic: