The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: hmmm.
194 messages
Select a forum:
That is an excellent letter, I'd not seen that before? (You know I only read the mail usually, Nigel). I feel like I shouldn't be in favour of heriditary landlords, but I rather wonder (as in the case of the man who owns our house and most of the land round here) that that sort of person has a long term view of things.

I see the ignorance / benefit of the doubt argument is being put forward again. But it just doesn't work at Silbury. It's surrounded by fences with notices on. You just can't climb up it without climbing those fences and ignoring those notices. I remember when I first saw silbury as a kid, I was with my dad and we looked sorrowfully at those notices and that fence, and decided against going up it. Maybe we just shouldn't have given a shit, eh. I probably could find a way to justify it right now eh. I don't accept the argument because I don't believe you can be in ignorant bliss about it not being allowed. It just seems ignorant (as in ignorant riff raff) to do it.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
20th July 2010ce
18:51

In reply to:

Re: hmmm. (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: hmmm. (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: