The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Roaming on the right side.
66 messages
Select a forum:
Branwen wrote:
Perhaps its a pagan bear goddess and her warrior son thing with me... the memory outlasted the reality.
The saddest thing I saw was a bear in a zoo enclosure just batting a tyre on a rope over and over whilst lolling it's head continuously from side to side....this was in Camperdown Park ,Dundee...(the bear in question might've been "Jeremy The Sugar Puffs Bear" from tv ads late 60's early 70's)the enclosure was designed to keep idiots away from the bears(without success as one boy's arm bore testament to) but had no concept of how to stop a magnificent creature from going crazy...Without getting bogged down in the immorality of zoos etc...the enclosure was hardly big enough to swing a tyre..there wasn't even a stream running through the enclosure never mind a pond...I can see why people want to release them into man-free environments to run wild.
Sorry if this is right off-topic..just had to share it!!

Reply | with quote
Posted by Resonox
19th June 2010ce
05:41

In reply to:

Re: Roaming on the right side. (Branwen)

1 reply:

Re: Roaming on the right side. (faerygirl)

Messages in this topic: