The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Roaming on the right side.
66 messages
Select a forum:
Did humans and tigers and lions ever share the same space in what became Britain?

I do like the idea of one huge reservtion for bears and wolves. Would it be worth losing the right to roam over such a large area, and the risk of escapee animals?

What is the plan, to have it like a safari, ask people to sign a disclaimer, or just bar people from the area altogether and leave it for the animals?

I realised they had a problem when I was in America and Canada when I saw people with bear fur hats, and they explained about culling. People over there accept it as a danger of wilderness walking and try to be careful I guess. I suppose here it would be a worse problem as the area of wilderness we have are probably still frequented a lot more by walkers ect than the vast areas like that over there, so chances of problems would be bad.

How close did they let you get to the bear when you were wee? I dont like the idea of wolves in our wild places, but must admit, seeing a wild bear (from a safe distance) would be cool.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Branwen
17th June 2010ce
14:11

In reply to:

Re: Roaming on the right side. (Howburn Digger)

Messages in this topic: