The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: Videos - made inside Stonehenge
32 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:
moss wrote:
" I'm not sure what to make of it"

Oh Gawd, I do. I'm submitting it to Pseuds Corner as we speak!

Thanks to our glorious new guv'nmint we'll have no nonsense like that at Stonehenge from now on. I can do no better than refer you to the Daily Mail Dictionary:
"Stonehenge: A site which is regularly invaded by pagan dole-scroungers who consume illegal substances and have sex orgies. Under Mrs Thatcher our illustrious police dealt with these deviants properly via the use of batons."

Hurrah!

To quote the composer and singer Maethelyiah “I am very proud of Wiltshire and we spent months of shooting which was hard to reduce to just a three-minute video. I had a vision to shoot inside the stone circle so I sent the track to English Heritage and they loved it,’’

Why deride the woman until you've heard her - surely any innovative art could be dismissed as pretentious (e.g. the annual Turner Prize). I like to keep an open mind and what she has done is no more deserving of mockery than what the 'druids' do every time there is a pagan festival.

The article also says
Stonehenge is a sacred site and the singer was careful to respect that when filming.

My original comment was made with goodwill. I quite like sound of 'Pseuds Corner' whatever that may be but then I do suffer fools gladly.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
12th May 2010ce
14:52

In reply to:

Re: Videos - made inside Stonehenge (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: