The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Wild life sightings at ancient sites
93 messages
Select a forum:
Don't quite know if it qualifies as wild life but a few years ago me and a friend visited the Kilmartin area in west Scotland.

One site we wanted to visit was within someones land.

So being responsiblish (I know that's probably not a real word) we asked the owner if we could venture on to there land.

They didn't have a problem with that, but the thing was that their dog came with us and actually 'guided' us to what we were looking for.

A bit bizzare but a lot of fun - the dog jumping about all over the place while we 'examined' the stones.

Great day!!!

I think there might actually be pictures of it somewhere on this site - can't find them myself at the moment.

Oh, and then there was the time we visited a stone in the middle of the Sherrifmuir battle site.

Bit of a hike, and a little bit dangerous - there's an army firing range nearby.

I also saw an ABC(alien big cat) once when driving in an area called Touch near where I live.

Sorry if this isn't relavant to this thread - just thought I'd try and share some memories.:)

Reply | with quote
Posted by Imnorie
26th January 2010ce
02:22

Messages in this topic: