The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Stan Beckensall's New Rock Art Book
20 messages
Select a forum:
tiompan wrote:
Hob wrote:
I disagree, from the morphological structure of the common CnR motifs, and the correlation between location of carved outcrops and their nearness to prehistoric trackways, it seems far more likely it was the lollipop ladies wot dunnit. I'd not care to go as far as to suggest Shamanic Lollipop Ladies, as I've never seen a shamanic lolly, though they may well have existed.

Certainly lollipops at Roughtin Linn but thats a pudding site .Chatton shows the concentric rings created by the pots the distance between the rings is related to the M.G. (megalithic gram) and is an indication of how much haggis , neeps ,tatties etc went into the recipe . Continuity of belief is shown in the spirals found on cooker rings on the top of HOBS .

Thought this was going to be an interesting argument on shamanism and wandering down trackways doodling rock art whilst under the influence of mushrooms - not flippin scottish recipes for tatties and neeps ;)

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
7th December 2009ce
19:06

Messages in this topic: