The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Arthur's Seat Forum Start a topic | Search
Arthur's Seat
Re: Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh: The Slidey Stone
68 messages
Select a forum:
Branwen wrote:
I added some debateable storytellers stuff about the hill itself, Martin, and was worried you might think I was correcting your etymology, which in some respects, I suppose I was, LOL. Hence the being worried you'de be ticked off.

Nah, not at all- I'm no expert and it's great that someone else knows these sites

Yes, I too have peered over the wall, but could only see some boggy land, that's why I was aksing if there was ever a well structure in place.

Branwen wrote:
The twentypenny well is most likely modern, as it's very close to the edge of the loch.

BTW Martin, its a long shot, but you aren't the guy that jogs at 630am in the morning through the park, who stopped me as I cycled past to ask about folklore (for no apparant reason as far as I could tell, I dont do the whole tartan look going to my job as a guide, so I figured he was just someone passionate about the park who accidentally "hit the jackppot" in stopping me, as he said).

Twentypenny well- hmm- that's a new one on me- do you have info/map co-ords?

6.30am?? Jogging?? haha- no, most definately not me!!! I live down the Borders now (but still work in Edinburgh)... Rather strange doncha think that a random stranger stops to ask about folklore at 6.30am??!!!

Cheers,
Martin

Reply | with quote
Posted by Martin
8th October 2009ce
13:17

Messages in this topic: