The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Arthur's Seat Forum Start a topic | Search
Arthur's Seat
Re: Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh: The Slidey Stone
68 messages
Select a forum:
Hiya Branwen,
No, please, post away! The more posts, the merrier :) Yes, I went a bit mad a few years back and tried to visit as many of the ancient/megalithic sites in Edinburgh that I had missed over the years. I was amazed how many sites had evaded my attention (and I've been into megs for many years!). Aha, I know the location of the Slidey Stone now- not one that we ever played on/around- bit outwith our range as kids! Nope, not sure about the big stone at Dunsapie either. There's an old/hidden well there though- the Delf Well that you should check out if hunting around. It's got a horrible cover now though. One of the many wells which used to encircle Arthurs Seat.
What info do you have on the Wells O' Wearie as it stands nowadays? I tried to visit the site, but I don't think there's anything left. Was there ever an actual well there, or was it a spring/marshy area??

Cheers for now,
Martin

Reply | with quote
Posted by Martin
6th October 2009ce
14:01

Messages in this topic: