The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Thornborough Henges Forum Start a topic | Search
The Thornborough Henges
Re: Thornborough Henges
16 messages
Select a forum:
The 'we' I talked about, as well as Brigantesnation that I mentioned WAS Heritage Action. And we did work with Friends of Thornborough. Actually Paul, you were a member of HA for a very short period at the start - mebbe you've forgotten. Not sure why you stopped.

I suspect the reason nobody from Heritage Action has replied is because all they've ever got from this forum for the last few years is (at best) apathy, and (at worst) people having a go at them or even abuse.

I wonder why you refer to their 'little website'. Just a turn of phrase I guess & not intended to be belittling or anything....

I used to be heavily involved in HA but backed out a cuppla years ago coz I didn't want to give up the time to it anymore. We did a lot on Thornborough with Brigantesnation for those years but as I remember came to a point where the likelihood of any kind of victory looked so impossible that we turned our attention to other things.

Paulus wrote:
Anyway, it'd be good to hear what their next move is going to be. We've gotta wish them the best with their next proposals which, you'd think, they've already got in the pipeline. I'd certainly be willing to help 'em. I'm sure there's lots of folk who would. Let's wait and hear their next move. Look forward to it!

I don't know exactly what HA's policy on it is at the moment, but I suspect they're not that active on it for the reasons mentioned above. Shame your offer of help is probably too late.

Like I say, I'm no longer involved, but still support them & can't understand why some people seem to give them such a hard time but most don't seem to actually do much themselves.

love

Moth

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
3rd September 2009ce
19:21

In reply to:

Re: Thornborough Henges (Paulus)

1 reply:

Re: Thornborough Henges (Squid Tempest)

Messages in this topic: