The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   White Cow Forum Start a topic | Search
White Cow
Re: Is it a white cow when you're not looking?
55 messages
Select a forum:
thesweetcheat wrote:
tjj wrote:
Boscawen-un also has a slanting central stone, however, one of the nineteen stones is quartz and I read somewhere that this was considered to be the 'healing stone'. Quartz is still considered to have healing 'energies' though this would probably fall down under scientific scrutiny.

The quartz stone at Boscawen-Un is a beauty, a squat, square block in total contrast to the central gnomen stone. A male/female pairing if ever there was one, I'm pretty sure the quartz stone here is the one Julian Cope mentions one of his daughters going straight to in TMA (sorry, can't be bothered to check!).

:-)

It starts the Cornwall section in TMA on page 156, referred to as Boskawen-Un.

Julian Cope vividly describes the difficulties he experiences standing on a stepladder to photograph the whole site as a strong wind picked up:
"I was quick and thanked the elements for their co-operation. Before I arrived I was upset and tired. Now I am warm and happy and Dorian has just arrived. She went very naturally to the only quartz pillar of the nineteen granite stones still upright in the circle"

It was good to get my copy of TMA down ... mine is still quite pristine, I intend to scruffy it up a bit by actually using it. Thanks for the prompt.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
3rd September 2009ce
00:00

Messages in this topic: