The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   County Meath Forum Start a topic | Search
County Meath
Re: Mysterious new monuments - location found ?
22 messages
Select a forum:
Right. I think I might have found them, or at least their beginnings, on that osiemaps viewer. There's activity in a townland called Cookstown in the 2005 imagery - including a ringfort-type structure and a spiral which are not there in the 2000 imagery. Also a little distance to the northwest there's construction activity in a field which was absent in the 2000 image.

I have taken two screenshots but am afraid to post them publicly because of copyright. If you can access the viewer here http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publicviewer/main.aspx just zoom in to the townland called Cookstown. It's directly east of Ross Crossroads at Tara, and indeed pretty much directly east of Rath Maeve at Balpere.

I can send images to anyone by email if they wish. I'm at mythicalireland (AT) eircom (DOT) net.

Reply | with quote
Posted by mythicalireland
4th August 2009ce
09:38

Messages in this topic: