The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Coldrum Forum Start a topic | Search
Coldrum
Re: Avebury trees for the chop
44 messages
Select a forum:
I usually pour scorn on public sculpture yet the figure of Fred in the town centre is 'pretty good'. "It was the old man that was the genius, such a brilliant liar". And, in the portrayal by that actor, looking very much like my dad. The same glasses. The Amarna Princess was shown to the museum lady in 2002 and was unveiled in 2003. Ms T, the egyptologist, accompanied the Manchester county archaeologist lady on a feeble tour of my then reported monuments in January 2003 - so my stuff's closely tied in to that story. The pair never left the road and I can imagine them gaily chatting about the amazing discovery of an alabaster figurine in a house just two miles away. The real carvings were under their noses and they didn't bother to tramp two hundred yards through a rush-filled field to look! (There's an Irish writer made a short story about the Greenhalghs which is to be published, as part of a collection, in September. I'm looking forward to that too!)

Reply | with quote
Stoneshifter
Posted by Stoneshifter
16th January 2009ce
07:58

In reply to:

Re: Avebury trees for the chop (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: Avebury trees for the chop (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: