The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury & the Marlborough Downs Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury & the Marlborough Downs
Re: Bonds Garage update
10 messages
Select a forum:
Littlestone wrote:
- not to mention the fact that the houses will also be visible from the Henge's north-east bank.

Hmmm . . There are houses all around Avebury already though, just how much would it effect the enjoyment of people visiting if you could see houses when you stood on the henge?

I dunno. I just think it's all very well to say "I don't think they should be buiding there" but the person that owns the land has got the right to do whatever they want with it. I assume it's privately owned?
Is it fair for them to lose money because some people decide they might not like the view from the henge?
I'd rather them build nothing around Avebury, the only construction I want would be re-erecting the stones, but as far as campaigning to stop someone building something on private land? I honestly don't know.

Reply | with quote
suave harv
Posted by suave harv
2nd January 2009ce
16:13

In reply to:

Re: Bonds Garage update (Littlestone)

2 replies:

Re: Bonds Garage update (suave harv)
Re: Bonds Garage update (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: