The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Loughcrew Complex Forum Start a topic | Search
Loughcrew Complex
Re: Recreating Passage Tombs
33 messages
Select a forum:
Brennans theory is that the cairns work in a sequence, the position on the horizon of the sun is tracked from one cairn to the next leading to the astronomical events used to divide the year (solstice, equinox, cross quarter days). Cairns I, H, F and U he believes were used to 'warn' of approaching events, Cairn I 'warns' of approaching equinox (marked by Cairn T) and Cairn H 'warns' of the approaching cross-quarter (marked by Cairns L and U).

I have been tracking this for the past couple of years to see if he at least has his calculations and observations correct (since he was out at Knowth which is not accurate for the equinox as he claimed) and to get some half decent pics so at least it can be considered with good documentation. And it's always a very special way of spending a morning whether you think it was intentional or not, the effect is spectacular!

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
28th October 2008ce
12:49

In reply to:

Re: Recreating Passage Tombs (FourWinds)

1 reply:

Re: Recreating Passage Tombs (Stoneshifter)

Messages in this topic: