The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wayland's Smithy Forum Start a topic | Search
Wayland's Smithy
Re: camping at weyland's smithy?
10 messages
Select a forum:
hey, thanks - it's just that we went to Weyland's Smithy last year after going to see the white horse of uffington and seeing it mentioned on the information board. We really engaged with the landscape round there, and both felt that it was really special and distinctive.

I for one am not an experienced camper (this will be my first time since I was a scout!) so I don't really know what rules there are about camping out - where you can and where you can't. My mate is from Scotland and was telling me that you are allowed to pitch tent anywhere as long as it's not on a farmers land - he's always camping on the shores of loch ness without incident. I wasn't so sure thatthe rules are the same in england (somthing aout "the right to roam??) and thought I might ask around on forums like this one before we plan our trip..

Thanks for the tip off - I'll maybe call ahead and see if they can have us on a couple of nights.

Reply | with quote
neoncthulhu
Posted by neoncthulhu
14th June 2008ce
11:48

Messages in this topic: