The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   West Kennett Forum Start a topic | Search
West Kennett
Re: More vandalism at West Kennet?
10 messages
Select a forum:
We went there maybe six weeks ago. Ripping with cold, it was. As we walked up to WKLB, we passed a couple coming down who were quite happy with themselves. On our arrival, we were confronted by about 15 - 20 recently lit tealights, and - incredibly - a 2-3ft high carved wooden leopard 'guarding' the entrance to one of the inner chambers. Suffice it to say, the aforementioned figure soon found itself in a somewhat more exposed location a few yards east of the barrow.

I'm sorry, but I hold no truck with these people; they are akin to loud mobile phone types in my view. We noticed that the small trees around the car parark opposite the Sanctuary were also full of this crap; including a dozen or so limpets! Still - at least the figure has gone from Swallowhead....

Peace (to all non-tat depositors)

Pilgrim

X

Reply | with quote
Pilgrim
Posted by Pilgrim
15th April 2008ce
12:12

In reply to:

Re: More vandalism at West Kennet? (Rockabilly)

Messages in this topic: