The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: granary followup
22 messages
Select a forum:
beatles wrote:
jimit

you are on exactly the right track. here is a bit of a shortcut. you can divide the carousel into 15 equal parts and deal with only one if you like. with this in mind, i think you will see that if you took a two or three ton lorry and put a sail of this size on it , the lorry would be pushed down a level street by a wind of 15 mph.

have fun with it. i appreciate your efforts.

clyde

But have the lorry run on a road of grain and it will dig in and stop. Rollers would be worse.
There is also the inertia problem and the uneven wind speed. In my opinion this device would require constant attention (adjusting rigging and sails when it runs to fast, adding grain, push starting it when it stops etc) just to make it turn in a controllable way.
I think that the hugh effort required to build only one such device, and just to grind grain, is too far fetched for me to believe. Also the cooment on getting grain to the location, storing it until requred and the distributing it just compounds the issues (IMHO).

:o)

Scubi

Reply | with quote
scubi63
Posted by scubi63
26th March 2008ce
23:19

In reply to:

Re: granary followup (beatles)

1 reply:

Re: granary followup (beatles)

Messages in this topic: