The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Duntryleague Forum Start a topic | Search
Duntryleague
Re: Duntryleague is in Co. Limerick
25 messages
Select a forum:
bawn79 wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bawn79 wrote:
I think Duntryleague is actually in Co. Limerick, is it possible to get it moved?
Also as this is a north facing tomb what are the theories in relation to possible alignments?
Although the Galtee mountains are in the way this tomb is only a half hour from my house and would be one that could be kept an eye on very easily.

Hi B , do you have an azimuth , even approx ?

Hi tiompan,
When u say azimuth what exactly do you mean?
Is it the exact degree north is?
Im not too familar with how to calculate such things unfort but if you can explain I can try and figure it out.
Sorry for being a dumb ass and thanks for taking interest in this.

My fault B , shouldn't have been so obscure . Basically the azimuth is the same as the compass bearing , which is only half the story for working out what sets and rises on the horizon but it is a starting point . Passage graves do have astro connections and it's always interesting to know their alignments particularly when it's so close to north as there are others and lunar and solar orienations are unlikely to be whatever is it is aligned to , if anything .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
11th April 2008ce
15:59

Messages in this topic: