The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: A personal opinion.
19 messages
Select a forum:
Vicster wrote:
DaveF wrote:
[We has early morning special access to Stonehenge- so the nearer the better

It must be a 40 year old ex goth thing - getting special access to SH for your 40th!

Oh lordy, there appear to be a few of us about on this forum. What's more worrying is that we may even know each other from our murky past! The horror. I still have my full length black velvet coat ;-0

How was the out of access thingy at SH? Did you get access to the whole site?

V

The access was great, we got an hour with full access

There was one guard who stands to one side very discretely outside the circle

We got lucky, one of the parties turned up for about 10 minutes to have a photo, then left. As a result there were only about 8 of us in total for most of the hour.

I would certainly do it again, I never visited SH back when there was full access, so it was well worth it.

Cheers

Dave

PS As for the coat, I think my long black coat & suede boots (complete with studded boot straps) are still at my parents house.

Went to see Sisters of Mercy a couple of years back - actually quite sad how unchanged most of the fans were! Especially as Andrew Eldrich looks more like Eminem these days - he had a white puff ball jacket on for crying out loud

RISE & REVEBERATE!

Reply | with quote
DaveF
Posted by DaveF
6th February 2008ce
22:18

In reply to:

Re: A personal opinion. (Vicster)

Messages in this topic: