The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Standing with Stones DVD
140 messages
Select a forum:
Digging up this old thread (knew there would be one on here somewhere!) to say I watched this this yesterday, after ages of "...meaning to get...". Fantastic!!!

My husband and I had a blast with the 'been there' and 'oh yeah, that’s on the list', as well as getting a much better picture of places we know little of in a way a book / website just can't show.

Rupert Soskin is hugely engaging as a presenter, and I really appreciated all the 'we'll never knows', so much more refreshing than those who only have half a clue but like to push hard their personal theories as fact.

I'm actually going to watch the whole thing back with a notebook / sketch pad as I had so many inspirational thoughts whilst watching for work - some big thoughts that occurred to me, for that I'm very grateful! :-D

I'd love more of the same in whatever form - DVD, series, etc - but I do realise the logistics and barriers to this :-S I shall cross my fingers...

Reply | with quote
summerlands
Posted by summerlands
5th February 2011ce
08:49

In reply to:

Standing with Stones DVD (Michael Bott)

Messages in this topic: