The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Republic of Malta Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Republic of Malta
Re: More for the Eds - blog probs .....
7 messages
Select a forum:
fitzcoraldo wrote:
Hi Sals,
I'm enjoying your posts.
I'm glad you found Tal-Qadi, I spent yonks wandering around the rough tracks and small holdings in that area and couldn't find the place. The wind was blowing from the north and all I could smell was the saltings at salinas bay. I gave up when the half-starved looking dogs started becoming a little too interested in me.

cheers
fitz

Cheers Fitz! Still got a fair bit to write up ...

Google Earth makes finding stuff so much easier - I get a decent scale map upfront and research locations (can't always get Long/Lat info) and plot it all in GE, zooming in tightly to check what I want is where I think it is. Then print screen dumps to match up with my map when I'm "in the field". Sad git, I know, but it works - I could easily have missed Tal-Qadi without my aerial info! It's really annoying when there's cloud cover in the wrong place though.

Sals

Reply | with quote
sals
Posted by sals
26th January 2008ce
09:51

Messages in this topic: