The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury & the Marlborough Downs Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury & the Marlborough Downs
Re: 5 New Houses to be built on the Bond Garage Site
30 messages
Select a forum:
But don't local people have to live somewhere? Especially if they're supposed to be affordable houses that mean local people can live there instead of moving away because only rich people can move to Avebury from miles away. It's not like the site isn't already there (and it's not that pretty at the moment is it).

I know I look like a stirrer but what exactly is the problem - is it a matter of aesthetics?
If so, does that mean you'd rather the garage was flattened so there was nothing there at all.. and maybe any other house or building that people move out of / leave empty in Avebury would be fair game too? Or are they ok because thye're old (not that old compared to the henge though)?

I'm not for building on ancient sites just for the sake of it, obviously. And I can't stand all the greed behind 'redevelopment'. But in this case.. surely it's better than what's there at the moment.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
15th January 2008ce
17:31

Messages in this topic: